The tap-tob curtains in my son’s room always bugged me. They were o.k., but I regretted that I didn’t buy longer ones so that I could hang them even higher. And I felt like they needed…..something else. I got some ideas from The Nester’s mistreatments, and here’s what I came up with:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I found some inexpensive fabric with blue and green stripes, added that to the bottom of each panel, and trimmed it with wide ribbon. All using iron-on hem tape and hot glue (I would love to learn how to sew one of these days, but for now, I make due)! Then, for the topper, I folded a piece of fabric, trimmed it with the same ribbon, and tacked it to the wall with upholstery tacks. Better, I hope! It’s amazing what a difference it makes when you hang those curtains nice and high.

Advertisements